Dr. CHU Shiao Ying Sharon 朱巧盈博士
- BA (CUHK), MA (UCL, London), PhD (UCL, London)
- Rm 1054, Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
朱巧盈博士畢業於中文大學翻譯系，並於倫敦大學大學學院 (UCL) 取得文碩士（現代英語）及哲學博士 （翻譯學）學位。她有多年大專院校教學經驗，曾於本港多所大學任教英語及翻譯實務及理論課程，包括公開大學、香港大學及中文大學。任教於中文學院前，她曾任香港大學英語中心（現稱英語應用中心）助理語言導師，以及中文大學翻譯系講師。她的研究範疇包括翻譯的認識論、翻譯教學以及翻譯與哲學的關係。
Dr. Chu Shiao Ying Sharon graduated from the Chinese University of Hong Kong with a BA in Translation. She pursued postgraduate studies with UCL and obtained an MA in Modern English Language and PhD in Translation Studies. She has extensive teaching experience, having taught English and translation courses at several tertiary institutes in Hong Kong, including the Open University of Hong Kong, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and University of Hong Kong. Before joining the School of Chinese, she had worked as Assistant Language Instructor at the English Centre (now Centre for Applied English Studies) of HKU, and Lecturer at the Department of Translation, CUHK. Her research interests include the epistemology of translation, translation pedagogy, and the relationship between translation and philosophy.
Apart from teaching, Dr. Chu also undertakes translation work. She has translated websites and legal documents for local law firms, and co-operated with a famous Hong Kong actress, providing translation services for art exhibitions for which she was curator.
Dr. Chu teaches undergraduate and postgraduate translation courses at the School of Chinese. She is also Coordinator of the Master of Arts in the field of Translation (MAT) Programme.
- 2017 Best Student Paper Award (Understanding Poetry Translation from the Argumentative Perspective: Classical Chinese Poetry as a Case in Point; 6th Annual International Conference on Language, Literature and Linguistics [L3] 2017) 最佳學生論文獎 （《從論證結構角度看詩歌翻譯：以中國古詩英譯為例》；第六屆語言、文學及語言學國際會議）
- 2017 Best Student Paper Award (Translating Imageries: What Cultural Exchange Means as Translation; 5th Annual International Conference on Contemporary Cultural Studies [CCC] 2017) 最佳學生論文獎（《文化交流與翻譯：關於意象的翻譯》；第五屆當代文化研究國際會議）
- 2018 Best Paper Award (What’s in a Name? – The Paradox of Using Terms to Describe Translation Approaches; 7th Annual International Conference on Language, Literature and Linguistics [L3] 2018) 最佳論文獎（《名可名，非常名：翻譯方法命名的悖論探討》；第七屆語言、文學及語言學國際會議）