- Assistant Professor
- BA (BFSU), MA (Chicago), PhD (Chicago)
- Rm 722, Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
周博群博士，香港大學中文學院助理教授。2019年獲得芝加哥大學東亞語言文明系博士學位，其後加入清華-密歇根研究員協會（Tsinghua-Michigan Society of Fellows），在清華大學世界文學與文化研究院（IWLC）執教兩年多，並於2022年加入中文學院。研究興趣集中在中國古代思想史、科技史、出土文獻等領域。近年專注的主要課題為先秦兩漢哲學文本中的技術隱喻，以及清華簡的研究與英譯。
Zhou Boqun is Assistant Professor in the School of Chinese at The University of Hong Kong. He earned his doctorate at the University of Chicago in the Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations in 2019. Before joining the School of Chinese in, he taught at the Institute for World Literatures and Cultures at Tsinghua University for two years as a member of the Tsinghua-Michigan Society of Fellows. His research interests range across early Chinese intellectual history, history of science and technology, and Chinese paleography. His current book project examines the impact of ancient mechanics on Warring States ethical and political theories. He is also working on a critical translation of a group of Warring States bamboo manuscripts owned by Tsinghua.
代表性文章 Selected Articles and Book Chapters:
- 2022 “Western Language Scholarship on Analogical Reasoning in Early China,” in Handbook of Logical Thought in China, edited by Fenrong Liu, Jeremy M. Seligman, and Jincheng Zhai (Dordrecht: Springer). (forthcoming)
- 2022 “Laozi,” The Encyclopedia of Ancient History: Asia and Africa. (forthcoming)
- 2021 “Mohist Optics and Analogical Reasoning,” Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy 20.4 (2021): 549–565.
- 2021 “Subtle and Dangerous: The Crossbow Trigger Metaphor in Early China,” Early China 44 (2021): 465–492.
- 2020 “Virtue as Desire: Mengzi 6A in Light of the Kongzi Shilun,” Philosophy East and West 70.1 (2020): 196–213.
- 2018 “A Translation and Analysis of the Shanghai Museum Manuscript *Wu Wang Jian Zuo,” Monumenta Serica 66.1 (2018): 1–31.
- 2018 He Youzu 何有祖, “A Review of the Study of Warring States Excavated Texts in Mainland China (2015),” Bamboo and Silk 1.1 (2018): 223–49. (Chinese to English 中譯英)
- 2017 Liu Lexian 劉樂賢, “Daybooks: A Type of Popular Hemerological Manual of the Warring States, Qin, and Han,” in Books of Fate and Popular Culture in Early China: The Daybook Manuscripts of the Warring States, Qin, and Han, edited by Donald Harper and Marc Kalinowski (Leiden: Brill, 2017), 57–90. (Chinese to English 中譯英)
- 2013 Edward Shaughnessy, Before Confucius: Studies in the Creation of the Chinese Classics 孔子之前: 中國經典誕生的研究, translated by Huang Shengsong, Yang Jixiang, and Zhou Boqun (Taipei: Wanjuanlou tushu youxian gongsi, 2013). (English to Chinese 英譯中)
- 2012 Edward Shaughnessy, Rewriting Early Chinese Texts 重寫中國古代文獻, translated by Zhou Boqun (Shanghai: Shanghai guji chubanshe 2012). (English to Chinese 英譯中)
- 2012 Roger Ebert, Great Movies 伟大的电影, translated by Zhou Boqun and Yin Yan (Guilin: Guangxi shifan daxue chubanshe 2012). (English to Chinese 英譯中)